Review of 2014

By Tiffany - Friday, January 02, 2015

I've been a busy girl in 2014. I made a lot of stuff for myself and others.

For others, I made several pajama bottoms for my hubby, some Cooper bags for my brother and brother-in-law, a stuff panda for my new niece, and a dress for my sister.


For myself, I made a lot of bottoms. Surprisingly, I wore the light blue ones the most. Probably because they fit me the best. I still don't have the art of pants fitting down, but I'm getting better.


I made a lot of tops. Mostly Sewaholic Renfrews, which I love now that I got the fit right.


I made two dresses for myself. One is a Halloween costume - I'm Sally! The other is a simple Burdastyle pattern. It's so nice and light, so it has been perfect for super hot weather.


I made a few other things for myself. I made a Cooper bag, which I use all the time when I bike to work. I also used the Cooper pattern to make a simple backpack shopping bag. I also tried my hand at bra making (I love it!).


I also made some jackets. I made an Ultrex winter jacket for myself and one for my mother-in-law and both are awesome. Not so awesome, the Sewaholic Cordova. The fabric is crappy and is pilling after only a few wears. And the jacket just does not fit me right. So, it's a miss.


Sadly, I didn't finish as much knitting as I wanted to. I made myself a lovely cardigan for warmer weather. I made myself a folksy cardigan that is meant for very cold weather (and I find it a little too folksy to wear out, so I keep it for in the house). I made a hat, which I wear everyday in the winter. I also made a pullover that ended up being too big for me. I have given it to a friend for Christmas, so I'll post pictures soon.



I feel like I've accomplished a lot! Now I don't feel so bad about the stuff that didn't turn out. I made quite a few good things and my skills are getting better. I can't wait to start making more for 2015!

Happy New Year everyone!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. You accomplished so much last year! I can't wait to see what you tackle this year!!

    ReplyDelete