May Replay Sweater

By Tiffany - Thursday, January 15, 2015

I can finally post pictures of the finished May Replay sweater. As you might remember, I was looking forward to making a cable pullover for myself. But, once I blocked the pieces, the sweater was too big. I gave the sweater to my friend for Christmas.


Pattern

May Replay by Debra Hoss


The pattern is written very well. It gives instructions for both full length and 3/4 length sleeves. I made the 3/4 length version. There are lots of tips on how to handle increases and decreases when doing cables.


The cables are nice and simple. The pattern is fun to knit and result is a classy looking sweater.

Yarn

Rowan Baby Merino Silk DK in Dawn (672)

I loved the yarn. It's super soft and yet still shows the cables really well.


It has a slightly larger gauge than what is called for in the pattern. I thought I would be ok with sizing, since I did the smallest size sweater (two sizes down from my measurements) and used my smallest circular needles (US size 4 or 3.5mm). Overall, the sweater ended up being around two sizes too big.

I will use this yarn again, just maybe for a different sweater. At least this sweater is like one giant swatch. So, I'll have a better idea of what size to knit.

My friend looks as happy as the pattern picture

My friend loves the sweater so much she said she wore it everyday that week. I'm glad it all worked out.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I hear you on sweaters not turning out as you expect. I made one for my husband (it's under the "Craft Fails" section of my blog) that REALLY didn't turn out the way I had hoped. :) Yours looks great, even if it wasn't exactly what you had planned. https://patternandbranch.wordpress.com/2013/10/21/craft-fails/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny! I love the expression on his face. I hope you have more luck with knitting in the future. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete