Sewing: Burdastyle 6573 Sailor Pants

By Tiffany - Wednesday, May 19, 2021

I finally did it! A pair of pants 2 plus years in the making are finally done. After many delays and problems sourcing material, my dream pants are a reality.


Pattern

Burda 6573

I wanted a pair of 1930s style sailor pants, but with a slightly more contemporary fit. Burda 6573 was a perfect choice. 



Fabric

7.5oz Raw Organic Denim - Deep Indigo from Sitka Fabrics

The fabric ended up being perfect! The weight is just right. It has a bit of drape and not too structured. Yet, it is still heavy enough for a sturdy pair of pants. 




Alterations

 I made my usual adjustments for Burda patterns. I sewed a size 12 graded to size 14 for waist (I have 38" hips and 30.5" waist). I find their crotches a little weird and tend to bag out, so did my usual 'flat pubis' type adjustment. I also ended up letting out the front seam on my tummy out a bit, since it was pulling on the pockets. 

If I sew again, I am going to try to make the pocket or at least a pocket facing on the pattern pieces. I had originally sewed them in a different colour material, but it was too obvious. I had to go back and make the pockets out of denim. But, I won't complain too much, since I at least have pockets. 




These are seriously now my favourite pair of pants. I can't wait to wear them with many different tops. They are super comfortable and I think I'm the bees knees in them.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments