Ginger Jeans Mash-up

By Tiffany - Friday, April 09, 2021

Check out my new jeans! I've used Closet Core Patterns Ginger Jeans to make a new pair of jeans.



For fabric, I used Blue Enzyme Washed Stretch Denim - 8.5oz from Simplifi Fabric (it was so hard finding denim with no polyester!). 

I wanted a new pair of jeans with a high waist and not too skinny legs, so I mashed together View A and View B.




I joined the two views together by creating a crotch line that was perpendicular to the grainline. My pattern pieces looked like this.





So, I have View A legs on View B high waist. Tada!





I find the back pockets too low and should have raised them as I did with my first pair. I also wish I did the front pocket tummy stabilizer hack like I did with the first pair as I find that the pockets some times try to stick out of the pocket opening.





I need to go back and fix one of my belt loops, but everything else seems good enough. It's hard to have perfect sewing when you have a 5 year old that keeps interrupting haha. Overall, I'm really happy with how they turned out.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments