Closet Case Patterns Sophie Swimsuit

By Tiffany - Saturday, July 27, 2019


I finally had a chance to sew something and blog about it! I had a lot of fun making a Closet Case Patterns Sophie Swimsuit.


Materials

I used about 1/2 meter of nice new floral swimsuit fabric. The light blue fabric was from an old, large one-piece swimsuit. Lining was the only stretch lining I could find in store. Unfortunately, it does not have great 4-way stretch, meaning it feels a bit snug in one direction.

The padding in the cups is also from a second hand swimsuit.


Pattern

Closet Case Sophie Swimsuit

The instructions were easy to follow. Although, it helps that I have some experience sewing bras. I think anyone would be able to sew this if you aren't too intimidated with sewing knits.


Alterations

I did not make any alterations. I sewed a straight size 10 on the bottom with a size 8 #4 cup (I'm a 38B). I thought that I would have to make the bust smaller, but decided to risk it at a #4 since I used some padding. It seems to fit fine.

If you are unsure what size to print and cut out and you are making the two piece like me, cut out the size for the proper cups. The bottoms have all the sizes so you can grade, etc. No need to print out two different sizes. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments