Pinch Pleat Curtains

By Tiffany - Sunday, July 12, 2015

I made some new curtains for the second bedroom. I wanted something fun and yet not too childish. So, I turned to the Kaffe Fassett collection for ideas.


I chose this Shanty Town quilt fabric by Brandon Mably. It comes in several different colour-ways that are all beautiful. I went with the ochre colour-way, as I thought that would look best in a yellow bedroom.


I made pinch pleats on the top. I won't go into detail on how I did it, since there are many wonderful tutorials on the web.


The curtains are lined with super thick blackout material that I had in my stash. I had just enough for the two curtains.

Now that the curtains are done, I can fill the holes and paint the walls. You might notice that the ceiling and trim are already done. I'm going to paint the walls the same yellow colour. I love the colour, but it's the original paint (from 1949!) and I'm pretty sure that it's lead paint. So...

Anyways, I love the curtains and I love the fabric. I even bought a half yard in the purple to make a pillow or something.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments