My New Throw Pillows

By Tiffany - Saturday, July 04, 2015

I'm getting some odd bits of sewing done. One project I've wanted to do for a while is to make throw pillows for my living room.


And not just any pillows - I wanted some nice geeky pillows to go with what my husband and I love (mainly dinosaurs and other animals).

The pillow fronts are actually from a canvas tote bag from the Natural History Museum in London. It was a gift from my dad that I thought was too nice to use for groceries. I made a border of scrap navy twill to make it my pillow form size (18"x18").


The back is from my Rae skirt. I decided I probably won't wear it since I like my new shorts too much.


To make my pillows look square when they are on the pillow forms, I cut about 1/4" off of the corners (grading it for about 4"). I remember this old trick from when I first learned sewing as a kid. I could have taken about 1/2" off, as my pillows still have slight "ears".


I really like my new pillows and don't know what took me so long to get them done. I think they look perfect for my living room.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments