hat

Quincy Hat

By Tiffany - Saturday, March 08, 2014

I made myself a lovely, new hat to go with my jacket.


Pattern

The pattern is Quincy from Made in Brooklyn.

My gauge was ok when making my test square with the US size 10 and 10.5 needles. But, they seemed too big, when I was actually knitting the hat. My hat would have been too tall. So, I restarted with US size 8 and 9 needles and it worked great.

The pattern is simple, but has ample style. The half band is created by making a rectangle of stitches. Then, the ends are stitched together, while twisting the rectangle. Basically, you end up with a Mobius strip.


Yarn
  • Berroco Lodge (47% Nylon, 47% Wool, 6% Rayon)
The wool is so soft and lovely! It has multi-coloured flecks in it and the purple flecks match my jacket.

My hat is very nice. The only thing I might change is possibly lining it. The big stitches don't hold much wind out on a cold and windy day.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments