Knitting and Sewing as Seasonal Trends

By Tiffany - Thursday, January 16, 2014

Personally, I like to knit practically year round. But most people tend to knit when the cold weather hits. How do I know? Well, it's one of the fun things you can see using Google Trends.

If you are a bit nerdy like me, you might have fun looking at all the neat trend graphs. Here is how people search for 'knitting':



See how there are dips in the warmer months and surges of interest in the colder months?

Sewing also has a rise and fall with the seasons. But, compared to knitting, it is much more stable:



There you have it!

As the weather warms up over then next few months and you find your interest in knitting and/or sewing fading, you are not alone. It looks like many people lose interest. While I plan to keep going, I hope that you will be back again once the weather gets cold again.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments