Blog: Male Pattern Boldness

By Tiffany - Friday, April 12, 2013

One of the great blogs that I've stumbled upon recently is Male Pattern Boldness by Peter Lappin.


It's full of great (and humourous) posts on Peter's adventures into sewing. Today's post on "The Quantity vs. Quality Clothing Conundrum" I thought was particularly good and reminded me about why I started this blog.

Peter points out many of the issues with trying to achieve 'quality' vs. 'quantity'. For example, he points out that with more clothes, you don't have to do the laundry as much and you can play with more colours. While those are good arguments, I think I am more in favour of the 'quality' side. I am trying to be an ethical consumer and not ignore the impact my consumption can have on the environment and labour conditions, etc.

What do you think out there? What are your opinions on 'quality' vs. 'quantity'?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I tend to agree with you. The only time I prefer quantity is when it comes to underwear (I don't mind rewearing clothes before the next wash but not underwear!).

    Otherwise, I'm all about quality. Yes, you would have more options, but I feel like the more I've gotten to know myself, the more I tend to know what I like and want so while I have 3 coral dresses in my closet that I love and look great on me, I rarely wear them because I'm just not a big fan of coral. I mean, I'm not "trendy" and I tend to wear what I know looks best on me and I know my style.

    ReplyDelete