I'm Alive! and Mystery Afghan Update

By Tiffany - Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Yes I'm alive! I had my baby back in January and life has been pretty crazy. I had a severe case of post-partum PUPPS (if you don't know what that is, I envy you).

I have managed to make a few things. I got my Kaffe Fassett Mystery Knit-a-Long Afghan about 95% complete. I was able to patch it altogether and do a quick border. I did a single crochet border around the edge to hold it together - much faster than knitting one. I would have gone around a couple more times, but I ran out of yarn in the same colour. Actually, I had more yarn, but the Rowan Pure Wool Worsted disappointed me because it had A LOT of breaks in it. Also, my afghan is all pilly already and it's barely seen any action. Not cool...


I think it has turned out good enough though. I just have a few more ends to tie in and I'd really like to put some fabric on the back.

In other news, I have a new niece. So, like I made the panda for my first niece, I made a penguin for the new baby.


I used some Liberty Lawn for the belly and left over purple stretch velour for the body. Velour is really great for penguin fuzz.

My sewing room is a mess, but I have ambitions to clean it up and sew the new Closet Case swimsuit. A girl can dream...

Wish me luck!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments