dog

New Sweater for my New Dog

By Tiffany - Friday, October 02, 2015

I haven't had time for much sewing lately, but I've been knitting away. With the colder weather approaching, I decided it was time to make a sweater for my 1 year old puppy.


The pattern is the Perfect Fit Dog and Cat Pattern by Jessika Lane. I used this pattern for my older dog when I was first getting back into knitting a few years ago. It is a great pattern for beginners and makes a very practical sweater for your pets.



The yarn I used for the project is fancy Rowan Pure Wool Worsted that I had in my stash. It's remarkably sturdy and yet soft. I find it very easy to knit with. I also like the idea that it is superwash.

I ran out of the blue before I could make the back bottom as long as I wanted. So, I extended the green ribbing on the back by knitting back and forth and using wrap-and-turns. My alteration actually worked out very well.


Now, both my doggies are ready for the impending colder weather.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments