Burdastyle 06/2014 #118 Shorts

By Tiffany - Friday, June 19, 2015

It's been awhile since I've done any sewing (and hence, any blogging). My family was visiting and sleeping in my sewing room (it is a guest room, after all). But, now it is time to get back at it!

I desperately needed new shorts. Not just any shorts, ones that were super comfortable and would work with my changing body. I'm about 8 weeks pregnant and, although I'm not showing yet, things are starting to get tight!

So, I decided to make myself a pair of Burdastyle 06/2014 shorts with an elastic waist (comfy!).


Materials

Pattern



I chose this version as it has the longer leg. I omitted the belt and side pockets (it had hip pockets, so I kept it simple). 

I made a size 42, which is my size according to my measurement. I usually go one size down with Burda bottoms, but I need the extra room.


This was a quick, fun sew. The shorts almost look like culottes. It would be easy to make them culottes by adding a big more leg ease.


The only alterations I did were to the crotch curve. I scooped a bit out of the bottom back and bottom front, which are my typical alterations.

I think I probably won't wear them with a tucked in shirt, but with a shirt over like the picture below. That way I can wear them to work and they won't look too informal.


Best of all, they will be easy to wear while biking to work - just like in the pattern photo!


I think I like these shorts more than my Rae skirt. The skirt just doesn't look right on me and I don't feel comfortable it in. The shorts, on the other hand, are some of the most comfortable shorts I have ever worn! I'm definitely going to make myself another pair.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I was wondering what had happened to you! Congratulations on your pregnancy!! The shorts look great and the print is super cool with that shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and Paul! Hope you have a smooth pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete