Fixing and Mending: Liberty Alma Revisited

By Tiffany - Thursday, February 12, 2015

I finally went back and fixed my Liberty Alma. The sleeves were too tight and I ended up not wearing the top as a result.

This is what the top originally looked like:
 

I cut the sleeves at a much shorter length. The sleeves now sit above my biceps where it was definitely too tight.
 

I finished the sleeve hems with bias tape, which is on the inside of the sleeve.

 

I feel like I have a whole new top now. It was such a simple fix, I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. I guess it was hard to cut into my pretty Liberty fabric and not know if I was actually going to make things better or not.
 
 
The adjustment worked and the shirt is much more comfortable. I work it to work yesterday and my arms didn't feel like they were in horrible pain. Yay!
 
Do you ever go back and fix your sewing projects? How do you find the motivation to do it?


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments