Grrrrr and Brrrrr

By Tiffany - Thursday, December 05, 2013

It's this time of year when I get a bit frustrated with sewing and fashion blogs, magazines, etc. Thanks to globalization, we get to see a lot of neat stuff - no matter where we live, we have a lot of things in common. But also there is a very 'southern' bias to it all.

Case in point, today's Sewaholic post on winter cycling outfits. Now, Tasia is only a few hours drive away from me, but we have completely different climates. In Vancouver and further south, during the winter you can wear skirts and ride a bike. So, you end up with outfit suggestions like this:


Nice, but around here it's around -20'C (-4'F) and it's only getting colder. No bikes and definitely no skirts (although, there are always a few teenage boys who try to wear shorts year round). The above labelled as 'winter' clothing is more like fall clothing to me.

I definitely wish there were more sewing blogs and/or independent pattern companies that were further North. If anyone out there knows of any, please let me know.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. YES, YES, YES! It's not always that cold here in Massachusetts, but it can be. I've been thinking I need a realistic winter wardrobe. Sometimes I dream about wearing fleece-lined winter maxi-skirts...with leggings underneath. I could start that trend, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like it could be nice and warm. If you make it, I will cheer you on!

      Delete