Storing Bobbins

By Tiffany - Saturday, June 29, 2013

I'm in the middle of re-organizing my sewing room. My mom gave me a bunch of her sewing stuff (including her serger!) and so I'm taking the time to make sure everything has a proper place.

I thought I would share with you how I cleaned up my bobbin mess. Every sewer is probably familiar with this sight:


A tangled mess of threads and if you even look at a bobbin the wrong way, it seems unwind itself. Following the advice from this blog post, I decided to use plastic tube to wrap around my bobbins.


I used 3/8" tube and cut it into pieces. I am very happy at how everything is now staying in place. And it all fits into my existing bobbin containers.


I can even handle the bobbins more easily now, since they don't unwind when I fumble with them. I think good ideas should be shared, so I'm passing this along.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Nice! It's so awesome that you inherited a serger and what seems like a million bobbins. I just bought some cones of thread from the swap meet, so I'm ready to finally take my serger out of the box!

    ReplyDelete