Craft: Tardis Centrepieces

By Tiffany - Wednesday, January 23, 2013

This past summer, I made tardis centrepieces for my Dr. Who obsessed friend and her husband to be. They had a Dr. Who themed wedding and a little tardis somewhere is a must.



I made about 20 centrepieces to be put throughout the reception hall. One one side they say "Police Public Call Box" and the other has the couple's names.



The tardises (tardi?) go well with the Dalek cake toppers. Don't you think?

More info on how I made them after the jump...

Materials
  • Blue bristol board
  • Parchment Paper
  • Self-adhesive mailing labels
  • Markers
  • Glue (stick or roll-on are best)
Instructions

I made a template and traced out all of my tardises using the shape below. I was able to get 3 tardis out of a single bristol board sheet.



I cut out the windows and glued parchment paper on the back. This turns them into lanterns to use with tea lights.

Using a ruler and markers, I drew out the rest of the rest of the details on the tardises. I then made up some custom stickers using mailing labels that I printed and cut out in the right shapes. These were used for the door signs.


After that, I glued the side and the top 'laterns' to turn it into a three-dimentional centrepiece.


There are a couple more pictures on my friend's page here.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments